A expanding practice in the agile development methodology is the “flipping of the traditional testing pyramid”. The rise has created a shift in who does the testing. The content immerses participants into advanced concepts of automation testing using the principles of Agile. Automated Testing can assist in mundane web-based tasks and existing programming skills are necessary. Participants will be using automated testing skills and learn best practices. Participants will work in a practical lab setting, being supported by the course facilitator. As participants progress in their understanding and involvement of automated testing, new opportunities can emerge in development, software, and engineering. This course prepares students for the next “stackable” methodology of learning additional skills for optimal professional outcomes.
This is a course for technical agile members who desire to move into the world of automated testing. The participant must have a clear understanding of agile concepts and also have a solid grasp of programming. This is not a course for Manual Testers looking to move into automated testing.
Completion of an acceptable Introduction to Agile course. It is also required to have an Introduction to Selenium course where the basic concepts of the class are fully mastered or have demonstrable programming skills.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Ability to fully use the WebDriver API in a real world environment
- Analyze BDD and ATDD requirements and write both the corresponding JBehave and Selenium test cases
- Outline commonly used automation best practices.
- Create advanced level automation test scripts.
Topics addressed in the course include:
- Selenium/WebDriver overview
- Automation Framework Overview
- WebDriver API overview
- Automation Framework Structure
- Unit Test Framework
- Automation Best Practices
- WebDriver Selectors
- Page Objects
- Loadable Components and Page Factory
- Test Cases
- Test Suites
- Data Injection
- Working with Tables
- Data Driven/Parameterized Test Cases
- Using WebDriver Waits
- Using the WebDriver API
- Dependency Injection
- Action Builders
- Cross Browser Testing
- Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Using BDD and ATDD with Selenium
- Integrating a BDD tool
- Understand the connections between the automated testing structure, unit test framework and Selenium.
- Formulate ideals which support how Selenium can be supportive.
- Accurately work with WebDriver Waits and Expected Conditions.
- Learn to develop automated test cases by following BDD and ATDD requirements.
- Create Behavior Driven test cases in JBehave and hook these test cases into their corresponding Selenium test cases.
- Introduce the automated tester to advanced concepts such as Action Builder, working with Tables and Dependency Injection.
- Explore using TestNG to develop Data Driven and Parameterized tests..
- Introduce advanced WebDriver capabilities by expanding Page Objects with Loabable Components and the Page Factory.