Automation Testing with Selenium Course – Abstract
Dynamics in the testing requires knowledge of automation and web-browsing. This automation testing course will use the rudimentary knowledge one obtains having 1-3 years in the QA testing world. This course content will allow immersion into beginners concepts of programming and utilize the principles of Agile. As participants progress in Selenium, new opportunities can emerge in development, software, and engineering. This course will introduce participants to the concepts, primary uses, advantages, and myths of Selenium and provide a synopsis of Selenium capabilities and limitations. Selenium can assist in mundane web-based tasks, and participants will see how this course content can align with a “stackable” methodology of learning for optimal professional outcomes. Participants will receive an overview of Object Oriented Programming, and will be required to acknowledge understanding of topics listed in the prerequisites section.
Register now for the this course scheduled for Saturday, June 25, 2016 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (MST) at out Tempe, Arizona location (map).
New and novice automation engineers and QA testers will benefit from this automation testing course. The novice participant who understand the basic of programming is helpful but not required. Under the tutelage of the instructor, participants will learn about the usefulness of Selenium and the role it can play in the upward mobility of their chosen career path.
Current exposure to programming, and 1 to 3 years of “real” world experience, or a combination of educational experience.
Upon completion of this Selenium automated testing course, participants will be able to:
- Use the basic concepts of automation and replicate some of the classroom exercises in a “real” work environment.
- Analyze the features of Selenium and determine the usefulness.
- Outline commonly used best practices.
- Explain how Selenium runs directly from browser.
Topics addressed in the course include:
- What is Selenium
- History of Selenium
- Current Trends in Selenium
- Advantages of Learning Selenium
- The Critical Components of an Agile Testing Framework (ATF) Build
- Selenium can make changes in your career.
- Examine the connections between programming language, unit test framework and Selenium.
- Formulate ideals which support how Selenium can be supportive.
- Identify the skill set of manual testers, automated testers and automation architects.
- Differentiate the requirements of manual testers, automated testers and automation architects.
- Outline the concepts involved in automation testing, and examine why there are differences in manual testing.
- Interpret and relate the link between automation testing and true agile development.
- Discuss the benefits of the two and the relationship to ROI.
- Discover the multiple benefits of automation testing.