Kanban Training Course – Abstract
This Kanban training course is designed to support, enhance and introduce the basic principles of Kanban, as an Agile methodology. This course will allow participants to become more effective in delivering Just-In-Time (JIT) valuable work items. The participants will encounter the framework, principles, dynamics and simplicity of Kanban Agile Methodology. The course will explore historical perspectives, define the fundamentals of Kanban, and develop supportive activities and exercises to make practical use of the concepts learned in the course. Participants will leave with a better understanding of work flow, Kanban boards and the tactics needed to successfully navigate the values, and principles of the discipline. The participants will discover what Kanban Agile is, and how to become a highly performing Kanban team.
This Kanban training course is ideal for an entire team involved delivering software or a service within the organization. Although individual team members can absolutely attend to get a great understanding about how to introduce the Kanban system to their teams, joining this session as a team will provide you the most value since at the end of this workshop, your team will have a Kanban board and all the techniques needed to be successful in using Kanban immediately after the session.
Upon completion of this Kanban training course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the practical uses of the Kanban system.
- Distinguish why the use of Kanban makes sense for you and the organization.
- Select key elements of Kanban which can be used immediately to enhance and support work practices.
- Create a Kanban board, apply the Kanban principles and continuously improve a Kanban board.
- Discover the meaning of lean thinking within the Agile Philosophy.
Topics addressed in the Kanban training course include:
- Agile philosophy and Lean thinking
- Historical Perspectives and founding predecessors.
- Toyota Production System (TPS) and Just-In-Time (JIT)
- Kanban Agile Methodology
- Kanban team dynamics, metrics and cumulative flow diagram
- Scrum vs Kanban; and Scrumban
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Work in Progress (WIP) Strategies
- Kanban terminology and concepts.
- Define Kanban.
- Create a Kanban board.
- Adopt the 4 principles and 5 properties of Kanban.
- Utilize Kanban to eliminate wasteful activities.
- Demonstrate exemplary team effectiveness.
- Improve collaborative activities.
- Share Kanban experiences with others.